Wednesday, February 19, 2014

SDA WORKS (3DBASIC)

During the 6th term, we had our 3DBASIC or The Basics of 3 Dimension class. This was honestly one of the subjects that I was excited about during that time because I always wanted to learn how artists and animators do those things and those details. I know I'm excited in doing 2D art but, I was also excited in learning 3D! The professor in this class worked on famous animated films like Rango. He was very thorough in giving instructions and his tasks were really challenging. Good thing he gave those challenges in a gradual process. He would always ask us if ever we understood everything before proceeding to the next topic.


 This is a screenshot of my group's finals in the making. We were assigned to create a futuristic bar. This is the second floor, in which there's a dance floor and lights and follow the beat of the music.

 This is more progress to it.


I was playing around with the materials and textures of this one to create a glass like effect. Since it was futuristic, we decided to add neon lights to it.

This would be the final result of my group's work!

During finals week, our task was to create an interior or exterior of anything to our liking. We were asked to work in groups of 4. Me and my groupmates decided to do a futuristic looking bar. We divided our tasks into 2 parts: two people would work on the first floor (which consists of the tables, chairs, restrooms, doors, and the bar itself) while the other two were assigned to create the second floor (which consists of the dance floor). I was one of the people who did the second floor. It was a really fun experience, really. I also helped with the others when it comes to how the objects would look like as well as what textures we can do for the tables and chairs. It was a wonderful experience working with them and we got a pretty good grade because of our teamwork.

I learned a lot from this class, really. I realized that like 2D art, 3D art is a very tedious task and it takes a long time to master all the processes in creating an object (well, I think it's like this in almost anything that we want to learn and master). I think that I should take some time in learning this again and improve myself because who knows...I might be creating 3D objects for games. I shouldn't give up just yet! I have a long way to go but, hopefully, I'm still fighting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment