Monday, September 3, 2012

SDA Works (COLREND)

Hello everyone! It's been a while since I last updated my blog. Schoolwork has been getting a lot hectic lately but, I'm having a blast in my course, so far! A lot of opportunities came to me and I think I'm doing what I can to learn. This segment of my blog features all the things I did in my COLREND or Color Theory and Rendering class. I really had fun in this class because I get to improve on my traditional art skills! I also learned some basics about coloring and how to paint. It was really a fun subject to attend to! I always look forward to it every week.

 Before we did actual painting, we had a very short exercise on how light and shading work. Our professor told us to use a pencil and oslo paper for this one. I had a fun time doing this because it was quite fun shading things as well as learning HOW to shade correctly. This exercise helped me in shading correctly with the right light sources.

 This painting is a portrait of my mother. I think I didn't really do well on this one because I didn't add the shading due to lack of time. If I did have enough time to do this, I bet it would look even better than it is now. Atleast, I know that I can actually paint something!

This painting is one of the best that I've done so far, in my opinion. The subject was about still life and our professor wanted us to replicate something out of the pictures we printed. He chose the picture similar to this. Since this was the first painting I did in COLREND, I tried my best to make it as realistic as possible. I thought that this wasn't good enough but, to my surprise, everyone actually liked it! I'm amazed that my professors and even my classmates loved it! After all their kind praises in this work, I actually felt good about this painting. I know I still have a long way to go when it comes to art but, I think this is a great start for me. 

This painting has something to do with scenery or landscape. I tried my best to copy it but, I think this is close enough. I honestly had a hard time painting the clouds because it had a lot of colors in it. The sky was the hardest part there while the grass was the most fun.

This was one of the very first plates we did using paint! We had to do a color chart so that we'd know which colors we need and what are the different shades, tints, and hues there are in the paint set we had. The paint we used for our COLREND class would either be acrylic or oil paint. I used acrylic for this one.

Forgive me for the background but, this is a painting about abstract art. I really had fun with this one because abstract art doesn't have to be that clean or anything just for it to look good. I literally just played with the colors and placed it on the canvas; hence it having those random strokes. I felt better after painting this.

Lastly, one of the best works I also made so far in this class, a self-portrait! This was for our finals. We used oil paint for this one and I assure you, my workplace was messier than before because oil paint is really hard to remove! Especially if it's stained your hands, clothes or even if you made a mistake in painting. Despite the mess, I really had fun with this one because of the expression I used here. Our professor said that we need to copy a funny picture of ourselves (or any expression as long as it's not smiling). All of us really enjoyed our COLREND class and I wish we can do more of these soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment