Monday, September 3, 2012

SDA Works (FREHAND)

This part of my blog shows most of my works for FREHAND or Freehand Drawing class. It was a very fun subject for me not just because of the professor but, also the fact that I get to draw traditionally again! I realized that the style I have right now isn't really good enough for the game industry yet so, I need to do better and improve! It has thought me various ways of expressing myself through various traditional media.

 This drawing's part of our finals that time. We needed to create concept art for a game that we were supposed to make. Any game would do. Our game had something to do with sleep and accessing a world that you'd never imagine. I was asked to do some character designs and so, I made Xylo. He's one of the main characters of the game. I had fun drawing him because I was really in the mood to draw him that time and I think that I'll keep this character and game concept for future use.

 This is another drawing of Xylo, my character for our game, DIMENTIA. That's how he looks like when he's logged in the game by sleeping. He can access the world anytime as long as he naps and that he has the right equipment for it (in that case, is the pillow on the former drawing). I also made some expressions of him because I always wanted to draw expressions for my character! Yup, this is definitely a keeper for me.

 This is my submission of our midterms. We had to copy a statue that was displayed in our classroom so, I copied this one. I realized while I was drawing this that I still have a long way to go before mastering my style and mastering realistic art. I believe that I'm stuck with a cartoonish or anime-ish style (which isn't a bad thing at all) and I feel like I lack anatomy and shading lessons. I don't really know how to copy things accurately but, I think I can still improve.

 This is a practice on how to draw male anatomy. I had fun drawing this one because I got to improve a little bit on proportions and anatomy. 

 This is a short drill on how to draw 3D basic shapes. Our professor told us when drawing something or someone, try imagining it as simple 3D shapes. It actually helps me whenever I draw guidelines when drawing. I thank my professor for the tip.
 This is a short drill on drawing robots. I had fun drawing this because it's my first time drawing something inorganic. I believe I can do better than this but for now, I should practice!

 This is another practice on drawing still life or inorganic objects. Vases are quite hard to draw for me because you still have to think of a good design for it. I still had fun, though.

 This is another exercise for drawing basic 3D shapes. It's very tiring to draw the same thing over and over again but, I believe it will be worth it once you mastered it.

This is a practice on still life again. Our professor asked us to draw a chair that's in the classroom. I had a hard time drawing this because I didn't have the right kind of pencil for shading it. I'm not really good with drawing objects but, I believe that this is actually good for starters and I can tell I can still improve on my art style.

No comments:

Post a Comment