Tuesday, December 11, 2012

SDA WORKS (ANIPRIN)

This part of my blog would feature all of the things I did in my ANIPRIN or ANIMATION PRINCIPLES class. I really learned a lot from this class because it taught me the basics of animation. It may be quite tiring because it's once per day with 3 hours but, it's actually fun because of my classmates and my professor. Another reason why I loved this class is because we spent most of the time watching movies and videos with regards to animation and movement. I was amazed while watching them, honestly. The way it was drawn, the contrast of colors and design, the simplicity and complexity of details, even the movement, I was in awe with them all. With all those in mind, with all the basics given to us, I'll do my best to create smooth animation when it comes to creating games (especially when it comes to cutscenes).

Forgive me if ever there's not much to post here but, my professor hasn't returned the plates that we've passed to him. 

This is a screenshot of our finals presentation. We were supposed to create a game trailer on the game we proposed during midterms. The title of our game's called BATTLECRY. It's technically a game that features the Philippine-Spanish war. You get to play as Gregorio del Pilar, Jose Rizal or Andres Bonifacio. You get to follow their life story during the war and see what exactly happened during that time. The reason why we chose this kind of game is because we wanted it to be fun and at the same time, educational. We wanted history to be a bit more fun to learn with and not just something that we should memorize. I had fun creating this because it was easy to color when it's grayscale. I also had fun because I get to experience making gifs. 


This is scene 1 of our video presentation. This was made by my groupmate, Niels.

This is scene 2 of our video presentation. This was made by Niels, as well.

This is scene 3 of our video presentation. This was made by me.

This is scene 4 and 5 of our video presentation. This was made by Sheryl.




This is the final output of the trailer. Dale was the one who compiled and fixed the finishing touches. This was very enjoyable to make despite the fact a lot of things were piled up on us. I hope that we'd be able to make the game and I hope that we'd be able to improve on this.



ANIPRIN was an awesome class to be at! I hope that I'd be able to apply those lessons I've learned, in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment