Tuesday, December 11, 2012

SDA WORKS (CONCART)

Hey, everyone! It's been a while since I've written in this blog. A lot of awesome things happened during this term. One of them would be this awesome subject that we're taking up called CONCART or CONCEPT ART. It teaches us a lot of things about creating our ideas into pictures and sketches so that we can have a guide in drawing the actual thing later on. 

This subject is very interesting and I had a lot of fun learning from it. My professor here is so passionate and hardworking in molding each and every one of us to maximize our art skills to its full potential.

Some of the works we did are gifs so, I'll be posting screenshots of them here and a link to show you the gif itself.


This picture over here is the lineart for an exercise we had on character design. Sir said that everything we see and draw can be broken down into basic shapes. This exercise made us use circles, triangles and squares for characters. I honestly am not good at digital art yet so, this was traditionally made, first. It was really fun creating these characters.


Here's how it finally looks like:



This picture is another exercise about faces and facial expressions. Sir wanted us to create faces that are appealing and at the same time, distinct. It's actually very challenging to think of a unique facial expression because there are a lot of faces similar to the ones you see up here. Still, I had fun playing around with the shapes and styles of each.

This is an initial sketch of one of the characters we're supposed to create a game with. Yes, it's Gregorio del Pilar. The assignment was to create a character sheet of the characters we're gonna use in our game. The game my groupmates and I planned was about Philippine History. It was really hard to create an accurate portrait of Gregorio del Pilar because his hairstyle's very confusing, for me. I really had fun creating this character.

 This would be the colored version of the previous picture. I wasn't really much of a pro in digital art so, what I did here was I scanned it and used the lineart as my base. I just cleaned out the pencil sketches and colored it in. It looks pretty good for someone who doesn't really know how to do digital art, really. I'm proud of this work.

 The next thing I've learned in this class (and perhaps, one of my favorites) is pixel art! Boy, this was one of the lessons I've dreamed of learning! I was amused by the way games with an art style like this were made. When our professor taught us about this, I instantly tried making sprites. It was fun creating them.

(Click me!) This was one of the outcomes of playing around with the animation in Photoshop.
This is Gregorio del Pilar walking. I was really, REALLY, amused when I made this.

(Click me!) This was one of the outcomes of playing around with the animation in Photoshop. AGAIN.
This is another version of walking. I just made the speed faster.

 (Click me!) This was one of the outcomes of playing around with the animation in Photoshop. AGAIN. Really, I was greatly amused.
Yes, it may be the same sprite sheet but, hey, I was really having fun creating the animation because it was my first time animating something digitally. It was really one of the things I've been dying to learn, to be honest. I remember my jovial mood when I was creating these.

(Click me!) This is one of my most favorite animations that I've done so far!
The sneaking Gregorio! When I first showed this to my friends and my professor, they found it adorable! I was really proud with this one! I got to do a simple yet awesome animation of a character moving! It's a great achievement unlocked.

(Click me!) This was my finals in CONCART.
This was a bit tedious to do because I had a hard time creating a decent background per stage. I also had a challenging time making this because of the time constraints. A lot of things were happening during this time and stress was getting the best of me. I will do better next time! I know this is good but, I want to make it better!

This one was an exercise our professor gave us. He said to compile all the art styles that captivate you and create a poster of it. It's basically a recap of all the things we've learned last term from COMGRAP (COMPUTER GRAPHICS). I think this poster I made isn't really enough but, it's good. I should practice more so that I can make better posters for the upcoming games I'm going to make.



COMGRAP is really a very interesting and challenging adventure for me! I really learned a lot from this class. I hope I get to learn more and practice more, too!







No comments:

Post a Comment