Tuesday, December 11, 2012

MISCELLANEOUS (Doodles, Sketches and Whatnot)

This segment would technically show all the other things that I've done that's not really related to anything academic. These include my random doodles. 


 RANDOM DOODLES:
This was drawn because I felt that people were depressed lately during this time. I know, it's not really that pleasing to look at compared to my other works but hey, it is a doodle. It doesn't have to be super pretty. I just wanted to convey the message that someone out there loves you when you feel like you're all alone in this world. This was a practice to digital arts.

Another practice on digital art. It's supposed to be a random image of me if ever I was in anime form. It looks very different from me, actually. It's also a practice on drawing in a semi-realistic style. I'm almost there!

This is a very old doodle. This is supposed to be a shirt design for my organization in school. It's a game design team and this is located at the back of the shirt. The front of the shirt was never really finished because I didn't have a good concept for it (it should show the game this team was going to create as well as various characters). This was traditionally made, by the way.

This is again, another random traditional doodle. I wanted to practice on drawing something that's not chibi (simplified/adorable form). I wanted to practice how to ink properly, as well.

This one is probably a practice on poses and male anatomy. I had a hard time drawing this one since poses aren't really my specialty.

This one's a request from a friend of mine. He wanted me to draw his character (which he drew on the left). The one I made is the one on the right. I'm proud on this one because I got to do the anatomy and posing well. It may be in its chibi form but, hey! It's some improvement, right? I also get to learn how to shade properly. This was traditionally made.

This would be the colored version. I'm really proud of this one because I realized that I still have my traditional art skills in tact! I'm also happy that a lot of people like this work and that they thought this was printed! I'm shocked that they said that, honestly. My friend loved this very much and I'm glad he did! I'm glad people appreciated this work. I used markers for the base colors and colored pencils for the shading.

This would be a cutscene or a random fanart of the proposed game we made, "BATTLECRY". I was amazed when this was finished because I was surprised that I can actually do backgrounds. Drawing backgrounds is considered as a challenge to me because I haven't really tried to make those yet. Again, I'm glad a lot of people appreciate this!

This one is really, really old. I made this chibi using markers and colored pencils. I'm pretty much happy with how this turned out. Whenever I look at this, it makes me smile.

This was the phase in my life where I was completely or somewhat new to digital art. I didn't know how to use Adobe Photoshop that much. This was an art trade for a friend of mine. Digital art and dragons are two topics that're hard to master but in the end, I conquered it! I'm happy with the result.

This was one of the doodles that I'm quite proud of. This was made a long time ago, to be honest. The reason why I'm proud of this was is because I only used the small set of colored pencils to color this one. I used the limited colors to create something like this. It made me realize that you don't need the fanciest of materials to get great art; it's how you use them!

This one was part of those phases in my life wherein I was new to digital art. This was supposed to be a logo for a friend of mine for one of the organizations we're about to have in school. The logo in the middle was not made by me. I'm happy how this came out, honestly. Simple yet, effective.

This one's a fanart of BBC Sherlock (a TV series that started back in 2010). I loved the series so much that I've decided to make art for it! Originally, the lineart was traditionally made (you can tell by the white spots seen around the characters). I didn't know how to make linearts/scanned pictures look digitally made hence, it kind of looked like this. Still, I'm proud of this work.




I know that these may not be much but, I really do hope that I can see some progress in my art (as well as my programming skills) as I journey further in the world of GDD.


No comments:

Post a Comment